As the song by Jack Johnson goes, "It's always better when we're together."

Monday, May 21, 2012

Happy Graduation!

The weekend before last was a crazy whirlwind! Nate and I flew back to Bama in order to attend my brother's college graduation. He got his B.S. in mechanical engineering from UAB. I took off Friday and Monday in order to attend the graduation on Saturday. Things were going well that week until I got a call from daycare on Wednesday that Nate was running a fever. Ear infection number four. I was a little discouraged because we were going to be flying on Friday, but the doctor said all would be well by then. We packed up Friday morning and met Matt for lunch before heading off to the airport. 

Nate was a gem on the flight up to Birmingham. My dad picked us up and we went to visit Jeffery at his new apartment. He got a job outside of Birmingham and has officially set up camp on his own! After visiting we headed to Gadsden where Nate had to visit with a few people. Needless to say, he was exhausted Friday night, but not ready to crash. He was having way too much fun and his mean mommy finally put him to bed close to 10 pm. 

On Saturday we got up and got ready for the big day. I had no intention of taking Nate to the graduation so he stayed with my friend Shannon. She was a life saver! Nate would have gone nuts on us if we had taken him to the graduation. It was a long day for all. Jeffery got to walk and I got a picture to prove that he's finally out!!

The flags representing the colleges. 

Jeffery made the JumboTron! 

He's somewhere out there amid the sea of green.

Daddy took us back to the airport on Sunday. It was a rainy, dreary Mother's Day. Nate slept on the ride to the airport which didn't bode well for our flight home. Sure enough he (as Matt put it) "didn't let me forget I was a mother" the entire plane ride back. His ears were really bothering him and we had to change altitude a few times to avoid some storms so it was not a pleasant trip. He has been great on every flight before so I guess I was due a rough ride eventually!

He had fun watching the planes -- even if he called them trucks!

The monkey and me on Mother's Day!


We used Monday to recover from the craziness of such a short trip! Now the countdown is on until summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment