As the song by Jack Johnson goes, "It's always better when we're together."

Monday, July 18, 2011

Play hard, sleep harder.

Summer is flying by and Nate is growing more and more with each passing day. He recently celebrated his four month birthday and is becoming an active little monkey. I spend most of my day entertaining. It's somewhat hard to entertain a four month old, but somehow we manage. I have a lot of pictures to post this week of our various activities of late so here goes...


Nate likes to play on his activity mat. He sometimes gets really involved and has all four limbs flailing at once. I stepped away the other day to get his bottle and I returned to this...



Apparently he got a little carried away and flipped the mat over on top of himself. He was in no distress. In fact, when I lifted the mat off his face he was smiling and laughing at me. Go figure. Anyway, I started to put the mat back where it belonged when I discovered the problem....




Yes, a little foot got stuck in the ring holding on a toy. He's such a stinker!


As I mentioned above we celebrated Nate's four month birthday on July 9. I did the picture with Mr. Potato Head and did not have much cooperation from Nate. He was way more interested in his feet than smiling at the camera for me and the following is what resulted...



Several (and by several I mean a lot) pictures later, I finally got a good one...




You can see that the feet are about to head towards the hands, but thankfully I snapped it just in time!!


Matt had a day off last week and we decided to watch the movie Kick Ass. Surprisingly, it was good. Nate decided he wanted to watch, too!





When he's not busy with life, Nate does like to sleep. I greatly appreciate the fact that he is still sleeping through the night. Some nights he'll sleep for 12+ hours. What can I say? He is his father's son! I still love to take pictures of him while he's sleeping because he just looks so darn comfortable. 


 He still has not figured out how to roll off his belly and this day he decided to give up the fight and nap instead. Most days he naps in his swing...


He absolutely loves his crib. I love how he kicks back with his hands behind his head and settles in to slumber!




T minus 4 days until I completely lose my mind and take Nate on his first plane ride this Saturday. What am I thinking?!?! It will be just Nate and me. We'll see how it goes. I'm hoping he will surprise me and be an absolute angel. However, knowing my son, it will not go that way. Stay tuned to see what happens! In the meantime, have a wonderful week and say an extra prayer for me Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment