As the song by Jack Johnson goes, "It's always better when we're together."

Friday, September 9, 2011

Water, water everywhere!

This has been somewhat of a crazy week. It started off great. Nate had his six month pictures made on Monday as we enjoyed a long weekend. Tuesday was rolling along wonderfully. Matt got off work early, he cooked, chores were being done, and then chaos ensued. We had a pipe burst in our bathroom and it flooded the bathroom, master closet, master bedroom, and the hallway. Can you say ugh? The carpet people arrived to start the water removal process around 7:15. It was a mess. The carpet was literally floating above the carpet padding in our bedroom. We had to move all of our furniture into Nate's room. Thankfully his room and the living room were spared. All of the furniture wouldn't fit so they had to put some of it up on little styrofoam blocks to keep it off of the soggy carpet. They pulled up the carpet and removed all of the padding. They set up fans to blow under the carpets and said they would return on Wednesday. So, Matt, Nate, and I packed up and headed to a hotel. Fun times. Nate was so tired, but wide awake due to the commotion. Bless his sweet little heart. He ended up sleeping in a chair Tuesday night because the hotel did not have cribs. Please don't be outraged. He was actually comfy in the chair. It had tall sides and a high back. I pushed it against the bed and he slept soundly.

I left work a little early on Wednesday to return home and try to sort through some of the wet mess while Nate was still at daycare. Matt was on call Wednesday night so I had to do it quickly. I got the shoes sorted out, wet clothes out of the closet, and cleared a path to Nate's crib. He and I were going to brave the fans Wednesday night. He slept in his crib, I slept on the couch, and Matt slept at Shands. The carpet was still damp when they came to check it during the day so we weren't getting life back to normal until Thursday.

The dryers were insanely loud. 

Our bedroom. 

The dehumidifier they brought in to remove moisture. 

Where it all started.

I was hoping they would come Thursday while I was at work and check the carpet. No luck. They came instead at 5pm. Those guys knew what they were doing because within 2 hours they had the new padding down, carpet restretched, and furniture back in place. Good deal. Matt and I decided to put things in Nate's room and deal with it over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment