As the song by Jack Johnson goes, "It's always better when we're together."

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Wow, what a week!! Part I

As the DMB song goes, "I've got so much to say, so much to say, so much to say, so much to say," and because of this the blog from this week will be a two parter. This past week has been pretty awesome! So, let's just get right to it!


On Super Bowl Sunday Matt and I celebrated by making guacamole dip, grilling some burgers, watching Christina sing, and watching The Social Network. Yes, you read that correctly. The Social Network. Neither of us really care about the NFL and he rented the movie earlier in the weekend so we watched it. I hear that I missed some really cute commercials, but the great thing about that is I can look them up on You Tube. So, The Social Network. Hmm. It was okay. It entertained me. It received eight Oscar nominations. Really? Seriously? To each their own, I suppose.


Yummy guacamole!

The burgers!


Moose made some friends on Sunday. He was outside on the patio as we were grilling burgers when he discovered the muskrat babies. He wasn't so sure what to think of them and they weren't too sure what to think of Moose. It was quite cute. I gave them some bread and we watched them eat for awhile. I think we've adopted two new pets!


 Checking each other out.

 The muskrat is done with Moose.

 They enjoyed the bread I fed to them.

Our two new friends.


The week rolled by for me. Thankfully. I take it on a day-by-day basis at this point. I drove 40 minutes in the pouring rain to drop off my FMLA paperwork. Hopefully I'll get it returned before little man gets here. It's hard to fathom that his arrival is just around the corner!


Speaking of little man, I had a shower Wednesday afternoon at school. It was awesome!! We had a fantastic time and little man scored a lot of goodies. He got an awesome diaper cake, some gift cards, a pack-n-play, and many other awesome surprises! I work with some really fantastic people and am truly blessed.


 Posing with the cake.

 The cake was too cute! It had a strawberry layer in the middle. Yum!

 The suggestions were hilarious!

 The hostesses and me.

 He got more sheets and a blanket to match his bedding.

 Awesome diaper cake loaded with goodies!

 The rubber duck on top tells me if the water is too hot.

If you pull down on the bird toy it shakes and wiggles. So cute!!

Okay, that's enough fun for now. I'll post more details from the week a little later on!

No comments:

Post a Comment