As the song by Jack Johnson goes, "It's always better when we're together."

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Wow, what a week!! Part II

Okay, so I was hoping to post part II several days ago, but life got in the way. I will now try to complete "the rest of the story."

Wednesday was my school shower and Thursday rolled along merrily. Friday was going great and then it got better. My kids threw me a surprise shower!! It was so sweet. Somehow all 29 of them managed to keep it a secret! They were collecting money for awhile and went in together to get me several gift cards, a diaper cake, and a soft blanket/animal for Little Man. We even had heart shaped Krispy Kreme doughnuts to celebrate. They took down guesses on when they thought I would have the baby, how much he would weigh, how long he would be, if he would be born in the morning or at night, and name suggestions. Whoever gets the closest gets a prize after he arrives. It should be interesting! We had to give them parameters and even so I looked down and one child had guessed his length as being 8 in 2 cm. Yes, a small baby that will be measured using both systems of measurement. You've gotta love kids!!


The diaper cake made by one of the moms!

It's a mini-blanket with a teddy bear head from a student.

Matt was on call Friday night and when he got home on Saturday we made a trip to Babies R Us. I am proud to announce that we now have a carseat!! Sunday afternoon he put the stroller together, installed the carseat base in my car, and then put together the pack n play -- without being asked!!!


Yes, he installed the base and then decided to look at the instruction book to be sure it was done correctly.

Matt wanted to be sure it was secure. I was a little concerned he was going to poke a hole in my seats!

The stroller. Yes, he will be riding in style in houndstooth!!

There are external speakers. You plug in your iPod and you can jam out as you stroll along. Matt is a fan of this feature!

The pack n play is ready to go!

Well, that about wraps it up for the week of Feb. 7-13. I'll post again soon about our adventures of last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment