As the song by Jack Johnson goes, "It's always better when we're together."

Friday, April 15, 2011

It's been one month already?!?!

Nate and Mr. Potato Head at one month.


Okay, so technically it has been over five weeks, but when you are dealing with a fussy newborn updating a blog is last on my list of things to do! Nate spent his month birthday screaming and crying. Matt and I spent the day trying to soothe our disgruntled child. I took him to the doctor on Monday and he has acid reflux. The week leading up to the doctor's appointment was pretty rough. Feedings were awful and now we know why! To help with the reflux, I have to dose him with Maalox before each feeding and add rice cereal to each bottle. Nate also was ordered to be in an upright position at all times. Here is how he has to sleep at night...




Luckily, he likes his carseat so this wasn't a huge issue. After feedings he would be a little fussy so I broke out the Moby wrap. He loves it!


Snug as a bug!

I'm thinking the Moby reminded him of being back in my belly. It certainly made me feel somewhat pregnant again!

Nate had his one month check-up on Thursday. He is growing like a weed!!! He now weighs over ten pounds and he is 22.25 inches. Insane! He is still in the 50th percentile for weight and still in the 90th percentile for height. The doctor is thinking he'll be a tall little booger one day!

The first month has definitely been an adventure and I cannot wait to see what next month brings. He's learning how to smile and is finally liking bath time a little better. (I'm thinking this is because we got a detachable shower head and I leave it running on him during the bath!)

Finally, here is a picture I took today after his bath. His fingers are so long and I just had to snap a shot!


Happy Friday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment