As the song by Jack Johnson goes, "It's always better when we're together."

Friday, December 24, 2010

Clark, that's the gift that keeps on giving throughout the entire year.

It's Christmas Eve!! Anyone who knows me well, knows that my favorite Christmas movie of all time is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. My sweet husband suffers through this movie numerous times each year. This is the movie he put on for me to watch the night he proposed. I was so amazed that he voluntarily put on this movie to watch that I completely missed his proposal and responded to "Will you marry me?" with a nice, sincere "maybe." So, it was only fitting that he gave me one of my Christmas gifts early with the line, "Clark, that's the gift that keeps on giving throughout the entire year." My gift wasn't a subscription to the jelly of the month club, but rather to the magazine bon appetit




Needless to say, this magazine served as an inspiration for a late night trip to Publix and a crazy cooking session today. Matt decided to make some type of breadsticks along with a White Chocolate Espresso Mousse Cake (or something like that). Here are the creations:




the yummy breadsticks

the cake

Now, I thought the cake turned out looking pretty good. Matt's response was, "It doesn't look like the picture in the magazine." So, I looked up the magazine picture. He was right...

His cake doesn't quite look like this, but I'm betting his tastes great!

Moose was very helpful today...


He guarded the dried clothes after I folded them. In fact, I think he's still on guard.

Last night I gave him an early Christmas present from my mom. It was a little door hanger with a ball and feather attached. He liked it so much that two minutes after I gave it to him the ball and feather were no longer attached to the hanger. 

Checking it out...

Generating the plan of attack

And off comes the ball

That was fun....let's do it again.

Merry Christmas Eve!!

No comments:

Post a Comment