As the song by Jack Johnson goes, "It's always better when we're together."

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I Caved -- Let the blogging begin!!

Okay, after toying with the idea for awhile I caved and finally decided to create a blog. I figure this will be a good place for me to post information about our crazy life here in Florida especially after our impending bundle of joy actually arrives. Let me think of where to begin....


Matt and I have been together for 8+ years now. It's crazy to sit back and think about that. We've had a ton of fun adventures along the way. We got married in 2006, lived in Birmingham for awhile, and in June Matt and I moved to Florida after he got a job at Shands-Jacksonville. We took a vacation to Alaska in June before he started work (since he doesn't get much time off) and right after he started orientation we found out we were expecting. It has definitely been an interesting journey for us over the years, but I wouldn't change it for anything! It will be fun to see what our new little one brings to the party! Maybe this blog will bring a little entertainment to your world and let you catch a peek at ours. 


Our sweet house in Pelham (yes, it was Halloween)

After Matt's graduation

We have two furry children. Moose lives with us in Florida, but Gracie lives with her grandmother in Beulah. Gracie, as diagnosed by the vet, needs to be able to go outside and sadly we cannot accommodate her in our apartment complex. However, if/when we ever move to a house I plan on bringing her down to join the fun. Moose is quite lonely without his sister, but he gets along as you will see in the next few pictures....

Gracie

Moose (yep, he's not supposed to be in that window...)

on my warm, clean clothes

Okay, now it's time for a few pictures of the actual baby that is due to arrive in March. After much deliberation, we decided on the way to the dr. to find out the sex our child. Well, it's a good thing we did because as soon as she put down the probe there was no mistaking that we were having a little boy. And so, here he is....Baby Dimon. 



He does not have a name yet, but we are working on it.....kinda. If he were a she we'd be in great shape. If our second attempt at parenthood yields us a girl, we're set! This little booger already takes after his father. From my cravings to the way he sleeps, Matt will not be able to deny this child!!

This is the way Matt sleeps. Hand behind his head. No, Matt doesn't sleep with his feet up in the air, but I bet he would if he could!

I think I'll end on this note tonight. Matt and I were productive yesterday. Little Man's room is coming along. He now has an assembled crib and a chest that will double as a changing table. I will post pictures of the progress of his room, but sadly I do not have a picture of how horrible the room was in the beginning. Imagine boxes everywhere. Then add a few more boxes and you'd be close to what this room was like. I do have a few progression pictures after I decided that my child needed a place to sleep and started to clean. It will be a baby room/office/guest room.

 This is after A LOT of cleaning. It was waaaay worse!

 That's not even close to the number of boxes that started in this room.

 Getting closer. You can see the bed and the shelves are organized. I still need to get the last few things out of the corner.

 The crib.

The chest/changing table.

Well, that's all I have for now. Thanks for reading and I'll try to post again soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment