As the song by Jack Johnson goes, "It's always better when we're together."

Saturday, January 22, 2011

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane

Last weekend was very hectic and eventful. I left on Saturday and flew from Jacksonville to Birmingham for my last official trip home without a child. Saturday afternoon I traveled to Beulah for a shower with Matt's family and friends and then on Sunday I had a shower in Gadsden with my family and friends. Little Man got a lot of nice gifts and will not have to worry about clothes for awhile! 

My cake from the Gadsden shower. It had already been cut when I was able to take the picture.

My parents and me.

My belly makes a great chair!

Great minds at work?

Too cute not to post!!


Mom and I got some shopping done Monday afternoon before I had to catch my plane back to FL.  I came back to Florida Monday night to a sick Matt. Sadly, he had a stomach bug while I was gone. I hate that he was sick, but I'm glad it happened when I was out of town. I spent Tuesday disinfecting and cleaning in hopes that I would not come down with whatever he had.

Tuesday was also the day I went back to the baby doctor. I can honestly say I'm not looking forward to the weekly appointments. I know they're coming soon! Getting up there every two weeks is a challenge for me right now; I can't imagine weekly! Oh, well. It is what it is. Good news on the transverse/breech front. He is now head down, but his butt is at my belly button and his legs are stretched out towards my right side. Yes, that's right. He has made a giant "L" in my stomach. At least one of us is comfortable! His latest game is to stretch out with his feet protruding from my side and his butt sticking up in the air. I look like I have knots coming out of me at various angles. Although it doesn't hurt, it feels weird! However, it is very entertaining to watch! One of the kids at school saw my stomach move the other day and his response was, "It's coming out!! It's coming out!!" I had to reassure him that the baby was NOT coming out right then and he proceeded to stare at my stomach for a little while longer to see what could be seen. I'm glad I can entertain!

On a random note, the doctor said Little Man would be here by St. Patrick's Day! So, I'll get to dress him in the cute outfit I got at Babies R Us with my reward dollars.


The front of his outfit.

The back.

I'm beginning to feel a little overwhelmed about Mr. Man's arrival. I know it's all going to be okay, but I can't help but feel that I have so much to do and so little time to do it! I washed his first load of laundry today. He has clean sheets, changing pads, mattress covers, towels, bibs, and socks! Now if I can just finish cleaning out his room! I also feel as if my apartment needs an overhaul. I spent today trying to tidy up around the place. Thankfully Matt is off this weekend and I might try to put him to work before it's all over. In fact, he's cooking right now! We rented the movie Easy A to watch tonight as we eat. I'm hoping it will be entertaining. We rented Dinner for Schmucks a few weeks ago and it was hilarious. I have already found myself quoting it! It smells as if our food is about ready so I am going to sign out for now. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment